I am on Day 13 of my 30 Day Challenge, which is meant to stretch me beyond my comfort zone. The rules are that I need to bake every day in February and blog about it. Oh, and cake decorating doesn’t count as baking. Instead, I am baking things I have never tried before. Some of them are desserts I have never tried making, like a souffle. and some are savory dished to bake, like this Quinoa Pizza crust. Today is another savory bake. I made these gorgeous breakfast muffins.
Baking breakfast is not usually my thing. I go for the quickest and easiest thing that I can straight after getting up. But it is a treat to have a fresh baked breakfast. The great thing about these breakfast muffins is you can make them ahead and store them for breakfast each morning. They are grain free and could be converted to be dairy free. I used uncured bacon as nitrates give me a headache. To be headache friendly, look for uncured bacon at your local grocery store.
These breakfast muffins have a hash brown crust and egg, cheese, and bacon top. It’s like a Denny’s breakfast in a muffin! And they are perfect for on-the-go mornings. I’ll be freezing most of these to eat all month.
1. Thaw and drain 20 oz hash browns. Mix together hash browns, 1 egg, 1/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp dried parsley, 3 gloves of minced garlic, 1/4 tsp paprika, and 1 tsp olive oil.
2. Put hash browns in oiled muffin cups, pressing hash browns to the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the hash browns are light brown and crispy. Meanwhile, cook the bacon and prepare the egg mixture.
4. Combine 12 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, 12 slices of crispy bacon, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley.
5. Evenly divide the egg mixture over cooked hash browns in the muffin pan. Cups should be 3/4 full.
6. Bake 10-15 minutes until eggs are fully cooked. Let cool for at least 2 minutes and then remove with a rubber spatula.
7. Makes 24 breakfast muffins.
Checkout the entire recipe for this super quick breakfast on PlayPartyPlan.
And be sure to check out the other days of my 30 Day challenge here.